Enough for 8 personal pizzas.
1 lb bread flour
1 lb freshly ground hard red winter wheat
2 tsp salt
4 tsp instant yeast
1/4 C olive oil
2 tsp agave nectar
20 oz water – room temperature or cooler
1. Combine dry ingredients in a stand mixer with a bread hook.
2. Combine water, oil and agave.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
4. Knead for about 5 minutes, adding water or flour if needed. The dough should be slightly sticky to touch but it should not stick to sides of the bowl. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes. Knead for another minute.
5. Cover and put dough in the refrigerator overnight or up to 3 days. (optional, but it makes better crust)
6. Take the dough out of the fridge, punch it down if necessary. Let it come to room temp.
7. Let dough rise until double in size.
8. Divide into 8 equal balls.
Note: You can store the balls in the freezer for a month or two or the the fridge for a day or two. Take them out of the freezer at least 3 hours before you want to make pizza. Take them out of the fridge for at least an hour prior to making pizza. Times depend on the room temperature.
9. Let the dough balls rest for at least 45 minutes before making pizza.
Ratios for 4 pizzas
16 oz flour
10 oz water
2 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp agave nectar
For 16 pizzas
4 lbs flour
40 oz water
3 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp salt
1/2 C olive oil
4 tsp agave nectar